Friday, December 7, 2007

The Internet

This section is all about the internet, without it, I wouldn't have this blog. This is just one example of how the internet has transformed our lives and the way we communicate. For me, it is hard to imagine what college would be like without my laptop, let alone life without the internet. I am definitely the generation that grew up with the internet, and it is interesting to see, looking through a different lens, as how the internet has truly changed the world.

People talk and talk about the pros and cons of the internet, but I think that when is comes down to it, the internet could be the tool to bring the media back to its roots. Newspapers began in our country being completely partisan and people could read the other opinions and debate and discuss. The internet provides an open forum for many voices to be heard, debated and discussed.

No comments: